David Laud is a qualified mentor and has participated in a number of mentoring programmes.
As a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing David acts as a mentor for the CIM students and aspiring marketers. To help identify if you would benefit from a mentoring relationship we’ve outlined a few pointers below.
Features of mentoring Relationship
• A one-to-one, dynamic interpersonal relationship
• Addresses the developmental needs of the individual
• Focuses on longer term needs
• Uses a non-directive (asking) repertoire
• Individual person-focused (rather than task-focussed)
• A long-term relationship
• Helps the learner improve his/her ability to learn
• May challenge his/her preferred learning style
• A lateral process – unlocking creativity to solve problems and explore options
• Increases motivation