Head of Marketing – North East UK £40k
We are currently working with a business based in the North East of England who are seeking to recruit an experienced Head of Marketing.
This is a newly created job working as part of the Senior Management Team within a well established, successful family owned business.
For an informal, confidential discussion please contact David Laud
Tel 07880 794731 or e-mail email@example.com
- Be responsible for the marketing budget, cost control and justification for future investment in specific marketing initiatives
- Analyse and report monthly on sales performance with recommendations for growing business within existing and new customer groups.
- Responsible for managing the company’s marketing calendar capitalising on key trade opportunities to best present the brand to target markets.
- Develop and manage the company’s online presence including website and social media accounts.
- Report & analyse offline and online marketing activity including daily, weekly and monthly performance reports. [i.e. Translation of Google Analytics data to SMT identifying and capitalising on trends and browser activities]
- Provide key support to the MD and senior management team (SMT) in delivering the marketing solution required with new product and technological innovations.
- Manage a small team as well as 3rd party agencies.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Head of Marketing you will be working directly with the MD and fellow SMT members to deliver the businesses ambitious growth plans.
You will manage activity across all offline and online platforms, working to the agreed growth plan. Responsible for a small team you will guide and motivate staff to achieve sales targets.
- Management of the company’s existing marketing and sales team – setting targets, monitoring performance and scoping out new initiatives to drive traffic and sales growth.
- Create a retention strategy for existing customers, as well as an acquisition strategy for acquiring new customers.
- Manage all selling platforms and paid advertising channels.
- Liaise with external agencies to negotiate best value rates for both offline and online advertising.
- Create ideas for advertising campaigns.
- Conduct research on advertising trends, competitor activity and ROI.
- Report on sales returns through wholesale and trade markets.
- Ensure the sales activity reflects the overall strategy of the company and will enable proportionate and sustainable growth.
- Experience within trade or wholesale markets.
- High degree of computer literacy and understanding of digital marketing including SEO, PPC and social media.
- Strong leadership and team management skills competent in producing schedules, working with deadlines and monitoring progress.
- Target-driven, a natural drive to sell and also build brand awareness.
- Organised with strong planning and co-ordination skills
An experienced organised marketer with a firm understanding of current technological advancements in digital marketing. It would be an advantage but not essential to have a background in sales.
A proven, capable multitasker with competency to run and manage a number of projects.
We are looking for creative flair whilst tempered by the ability to effectively prioritise workloads to meet deadlines and key objectives. Attention to detail and accuracy are equally essential attributes along with the ability to communicate effectively with both the MD, SMT and all teams and departments.
- Degree level education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of strong internal and external relationship management skills.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and project manage across different areas of the business. Evidence of implementation of new systems and strategies improving productivity and profit.
- Flexibility and adaptability not fazed by sudden market changes.
- Numerate, accurate with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent grammatical and spelling skills.
- Good understanding of UK and European economics.
- Appreciation of the retail market place, both online and offline.
- Strong networker both internally and externally.
- Confident negotiator
- A highly motivated person, who works well in a very fast paced environment and comfortable with working to targets.
- Has a flexible outlook and adaptable to moving timelines and changes to products, often at short notice.
- Highly innovative strategic thinker willing to bring new ideas to the table and effectively sell internally and deliver externally.
If this a role that that appeals, matches your experience and skills and your looking for a new rewarding challenge in 2016 please send a covering e-mail and your CV to
David Laud firstname.lastname@example.org